Friday, January 15, 2010

So much bigger...

I sent fundraising emails out last Friday night and had received $740 in donations by Tuesday (from only 8 donors!!). I have been amazed by the generosity people have shown. I was sitting at work Wednesday when I got an email on my Blackberry. The subject said "A donation was made on your behalf." You can imagine that this is my favorite email to receive! I opened the email to see who had donated. It was a woman whose name I had never heard before and she donated $100. To me that is a huge donation...especially from a stranger. So I logged in to the website to send her a thank you and saw the message she had sent. It said that she had a cousin that is battling breast cancer and another cousin who died from it last Friday at the age of 47. Then she wrote life is too short...thank you so much for doing this. My eyes started filling with tears as I realized that this is so much bigger that I had thought. I'm not just doing this for my mom or myself or Vivian. I am doing this to make the world a better place for ALL WOMEN!


If you haven't donated, please do so by clicking the picture below.  If you cannot make a monetary donation, please help by spreading the word. 


Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Atlanta 3-Day for the Cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com